Everything in my blog is my opinion. Something that works well for me, might not work well for you, and vice versa.
Pardon me for my lack info (and grammar!) about cosmetics as I'm still a novice. If you'd like to request for reviews, (brands / item that i have) Just email me at tegoshi_yuuya@hotmail.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

ETUDE HOUSE HAUL #1

ETUDE HOUSE HAUL #1!

I bought some products only. Just to reach the required amount to get a membership.
Then I'll get 7% discount for my future purchase :)
Well, i don't think it's a lot. It's just like shopping without GST.
Singapore GST is 7%. But still, better than nothing :D

Bought:
- Pore Erasing Peach Base #1 Peach S$29.90
- Peach Cheek Blusher #5 Happy Peach S$ 21.90

I will only review the Pore Erasing Peach Base in this post.
the Peach Cheek Blusher review will be reviewed in the next post.

Pore Erasing Peach Base #1 Peach.
It's one of the Peach Line products that Etude House introduced.
I'd really like to buy after reading a lot of good reviews about it.
It's a make up base in a cute glass jar which carries Peach scent

There are 2 shades available.
#1 Peach and #2 Mint.
Mint is supposed to cover redness on your face but in this case, it does not cover redness any better than the peach one. I believe it's because of the thick texture it have.


You need to use the spatula to take the products out of the jar and warm it on the back of your hand before evenly spread it over your face. Just as instructed. It's very thick creamy base so it's really impossible to take the product out with your finger -which i tried to do with the tester.

It evenly spread over my face. Very smooth texture and conceal my redness and pores quite well. Your face will looks chalky after application. But it will be easily covered by any two way cakes, i believe.

It's really mattifying but does not dry on your face.
The super plus of this product is it's oil control.
Usually my face become oily about 3-4 hours after application. But with this product, it takes about 6-8 hours. And still, my skin is not as shiny as if use other base such as Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie after 6-8 hour.

It's really a wonderful base except for it's not really friendly to dry skin.
If you have dry oily skin combination like me, it will looks patchy on your skin. After sometimes, it will cause some tiny breakouts on the dry area.

I've been trying to get rid of this problem, and i think I've got the solution.
You really have to use your skin care such as toner and moisturizer prior to application
Make sure your skin is supple enough and no dry area on your face.
The best to use this product is after using your full skin care / mask.
And so, the problem is not a big deal anymore.

Edit (25/08): This is extremely unrecommended for dry skin! it will absorb all your oil from your face and leave dry patches! (unless you apply good moisturizing toner & lotion)

My combination skin, it will absorb all oil from my face for a few hour after application, which leaves dry patches. After 6 hour, the "oil control" will be no more, and leave my skin oily with dry patches.

You must use non alcohol & non oily toner + lotion before applying.
I use Shiseido Pureness range.

I have tried using Moistfull skin care (which i contains oil) range from Etude House before base application, which make my face super oily + super greasy (but no dry patches).
With Aqua Sherbet skin care (contain alcohol) from EH, the dry patches will show up again, but face is not very oily.

So, best result is obtained with use of NON Alcohol and NON Oily toner & lotion (for combination skin)


It's the Membership i got.
Get it for S$50 purchase only! and it will be never expired ;)

Visit Etude House in Plaza Singapura.
The store is really cute. It's all pink.
Well, I'm not a big fan of pink, and the store is not as cute as the one in Korea though
but still, every time I passed it, i just could not resist to give the cute shop a visit :)

0 comments: